Before September 2014, Cashmore Early Years Centre had been closed for 8 years. In 2014 the Centre re-opened under the leadership of St Philip’s Marsh Nursery School and now has over 100 children attending regularly.
Along with St Philip’s Marsh Nursery School, Barton Hill Settlement and Wellspring Health Centre, Cashmore Early Years Centre is a part of the Barton Hill Children’s Centre. Together we provide safe places for your children to stay, play and learn as well as help for you to look after your family’s health and well being.
Cashmore Early Years Centre provides early years education for children aged 2 to 4 years old. The Centre is open from 9.00am to 3.30pm, term time only (term dates).
2 year olds – We offer paid day care and funded free education for two year old places. You may be eligible for a free place if you receive the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’– the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Or if your child:
- has a disability or special educational needs
- is looked after by the Local Authority
- has a child protection plan
- is a member of a travelling family
- has left care but are not able to return home (through adoption)
If you do not qualify for a free place we can also offer paying places. Please enquire at the Centre for more details.
3 year olds – We offer a number of different ways for you to access your 15 hours free early years education entitlement for 3 year olds, including whole days, morning sessions and afternoon sessions. Please enquire at the Centre for more details. The Centre also offers 30 hours per week for 38 weeks per year free education and care for families who meet the government guidelines (the Centre will also be able to offer additional hours to families who may not meet these criteria). We will be happy to discuss individual circumstances with you on application.
To find out more please get in touch with us at the Centre (0117 3534295) You can arrange a time to come and look around. If you decide you would like your child to come here you fill out an admission form and we will ask you about your child’s needs.