Key messages from Bristol City Council:
- Please travel to/from school or nursery with COVID-19 in mind. It’s advised to avoid public transport so please try and walk/cycle to school if you can, keeping your distance from others, and ensure you wear a face covering when required. Where possible, car sharing with people outside your household or support bubble should be avoided.
- Social distancing guidance inside and outside of school/nursery is different. Whilst at school or nursery your child can mix with his/her class bubble, as safety measures are in place. This is necessary in order for us to enable children and young people to continue to attend. However, these measures are not in place outside of school/nursery, so please make sure you and your child follow the current government guidance when not in the school building
- Social distancing outside school/nursery gates is vital to minimise the spread. Please do not gather or mix when dropping off or collecting your child
- If you or your child develops symptoms of the virus, you/they MUST NOT go to school or nursery. Stay at home, self-isolate and get tested. Symptoms include a new continuous cough, high temperature or loss or change to your sense of taste and smell
- If you or your child is asked to self-isolate, you/they must not leave the house under any circumstances and your friends and family cannot visit during this time. We understand your frustrations in having to adapt to last minute calls or changes requiring you/your child to self-isolate and thank you for your continued cooperation.
Links to share
- The council’s guidance for parents and carers amid COVID-19
- The council’s videos encouraging compliance during lockdown in different languages
- Information on the council’s free We Are Bristol helpline
This message has been translated in to other languages
Bristol City Council key messages to parents – Arabic
Bristol City Council key messages to parents – Polish
Bristol City Council key messages to parents – Punjabi
Bristol City Council key messages to parents – Somali
Bristol City Council key messages to parents – Urdu